Whether you are speaking to an intimate group of colleagues, or delivering a key note speech to a large auditorium, we can all improve the way we communicate to our audience. Here are some top tips to ensure your engage your audience, and deliver your message with clarity and impact.
- Plan out what you are going to say – know your content well so you avoid having to look at your notes throughout.
- Practise your presentation – always aloud.
- Try doing a tongue twister to help with articulation, such as 'Please, Paul, pause for applause' and repeat 10 times.
- Take time for a warm up – your body, as well as your voice needs to be ready. Release any tension in your shoulders by bringing your shoulders up to your ears and drop them and repeat three times. Then alternate raising your right shoulder, then your left shoulder repeat six times.
- Keep calm, take a moment to gather your breath before you start to speak.