Executive Presence for Women in Toronto
What your course covers
Emulating our course in the UK, this exclusive, women-only programme will help you develop the skills to be truly effective in business, by learning to communicate with authority, authenticity and impact. We have taken over a decade’s worth of experience working with senior executives and translated this into a rigorous, fully participative experience which will enable you to hold your space, find your voice and be heard – so that when you speak, others listen.
This practical programme explores what type of communicator you are and the type of communicator you could become. Through structured learning, tutor coaching and peer feedback you will learn strategies to develop resilience and communicate with presence, effectiveness and credibility.
Taught in a practical, safe yet intensive environment, this transformative learning has a maximum participant/tutor ratio of 5:1, providing a critically high level of individual attention, coaching and feedback.
- Build your status, resilience, and gravitasLearn to communicate with authority, authenticity, and credibility
- Explore techniques to manage your energy levels and deal with stress
- Discover new strategies for influencing others and changing behaviours
- Unlock the power of your voice so that when you speak people listen
- Analyse and explore how strong women leaders embody confidence
- Learn how to interrupt and handle interruptions assertively
- Discover how your dominant female archetype influences how you are perceived in the business world
- Refine your skills by role playing real business scenarios
This programme begins with a two day foundation skills workshop in September followed by weekly practices and self-assessment. The journey continues with a third day skills workshop in November.
FOUNDATION LEVEL (Cost C$ 5,000 + VAT):
Pre-course online assessment:
Setting personal objectives
Skills Workshop 1: Two Days
- Vocal and physical presence
- Owning your space
- Presence, impact and confidence
- The woman leader
- Application to real scenarios
- Telephone coaching: 30 minute coaching call – timetabled to suit you
- Weekly power up exercises: insightful practical exercises supporting the learning sent out over the following 12 weeks.
- An invitation to join the RADA women’s executive network
- VIP and Alumni talks at RADA
- VIP Annual theatrical experience
Future course dates to be confirmed
The Executive Presence for Women course helped me to develop the skills and confidence to advocate for myself at work. I previously didn’t recognise the many ways in which I apologised for my drive, ambition and ideas. The course helped me to understand how my body language and vocal quality were undermining my progress at work and the easy things I could do to resolve these issues. I am now in a position where I have the support and respect of senior colleagues and I feel more able to progress up the career ladder quickly. I can’t recommend this course enough. It is essential for any woman who is serious about her career progression.
Colby Benari, Academic Careers Office Operations Manager at UCL
I was ready to move to a more senior position in my company and had all the relevant skills and experience (and then some) to make it to the next level, but I was holding myself back and my inner confidence was not shining through - I knew I had to do something or I'd stagnate. I was not sure what to expect signing up to this course but I it was the best choice I made for myself that year - both professionally and personally. My happy ending is that I went on to get that senior role within 6 months of completing the course.
Olivia Simmons, Executive at Pearson
Course leader Sheelagh McNamara gave a TEDx talk at TEDx WhitehallWomen in May 2015, Heard Mentality.
Read an interview with Martin Donnelly, talking about our work with the the Department of Business Innovation and Skills who credit us with helping them achieve real gender equality.
Get in Touch
For more information on our courses submit an enquiry by clicking the button below or telephone the RADA in Business office on +44 (0)20 7908 4779